ZA·REN Week '23 is free to attend, and all costs for the conference are covered by TENET for the inaugural ZA·REN Week.
The registration area will be open on the ground floor of Conference Venue C between 08:00-08:45 for daily registration check-in and any other information you need.
All delegates will receive their conference badges at the reception area.
All delegates will need to digitally check in daily to attend the conference and any training and/or meetings.
Tea and coffee will be served each day in the morning and afternoon.
A full lunch will also be provided each day.
Please note two outside catering stations for delegates on the ground floor will be open between 08:00-16:00:
Juicing Stand: You are able to choose different ingredients to make a healthy juice should you not want tea or coffee. Note there is limited availability and once they run out of the allocated cups or ingredients the service will stop.
Coffee Stand: You are able to choose from specialty coffees. Note there is limited availability and once they run out of the allocated cups or ingredients the service will stop.
The cost of catering is included in your registration.
Luggage Storage Area
The luggage storage area will be at the hotel reception, and you are welcome to have your bags stored there.
The following social events have been planned
Monday, 18 September 2023: Cocktail Meet and Greet
- Top Floor of Conference Venue C, Protea Hotel
Tuesday,19 September 2023: Dinners (V&A Waterfront gift voucher will be given to delegates)
- Delegates will have a free night to choose any restaurant at the V&A Waterfront. TENET will host two tables each at Quay Four and Ferrymans on a first come, first serve basis.
Uber or Bolt:
Average price: R250.00
Metered taxi’s are also available at the Cape Town Airport.
The Protea Hotel provides a shuttle service. Please contact +27 21-406 1911 to book should you need assistance.
Transport costs are at the delegates expense.
Venue and Parking
Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, Portswood Road, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, 8001
Directions to UCT Graduate School of Business Conference Parking and Protea Hotel by Marriott® Breakwater Lodge
Directions to Protea Hotel by Marriott® Breakwater Lodge from Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 from the Airport to Town;
- Carry on straight passed the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel on your left and at the second set of traffic lights, turn right into Helen Suzman Boulevard;
- Take the right hand lane that leads to a small set of traffic lights leading into Portswood Road;
- Turn right into Portswood Road;
- The GSB Conference Basement Parking can be reached by taking the first road on one’s right hand side;
- Please follow the GSB signs until you reach the security boom;
- Hotel Guest Parking can be reached by taking the 2nd entrance on one’s right hand side when coming down Portswood Road (towards the Waterfront);
- The UCT Academic Conference Centre Parking will be the 3rd entrance on one’s right hand side.